Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: William Honachefsky Jr
Caption: Lake Solitude Falls and Dam
Additional Description: Adjoining Solitude, Lake Solitude Dam, originally built in 1858, later updated in 1909 by Master Engineer Frank S. Tainter, produced hydroelectric power for the Taylor Iron and Steel Company. It is believed to be the last remaining masonry dam with buttresses in the State of New Jersey
Submitted: January 20, 2008, by William Honachefsky Jr of High Bridge/Clinton Twp, New Jersey.
Database Locator Identification Number: p14238
File Size: 0.037 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.