Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: The Cumberland Valley Railroad Marker; Western Maryland Room, Washington County Free Library
Caption: (Center picture)
Walnut Street served a large freight depot for war material. This drawing appeared in Harpers Weekly newspaper on October 18, 1862. The supplies stockpiled here were burned by Confederates in 1864.
Submitted: August 4, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.
Database Locator Identification Number: p166006
File Size: 0.021 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.