Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Barry Swackhamer
Taken: July 22, 2011
Caption: The Comstock Trail and History Kiosk Marker, Panel 4
Additional Description: [Far left photo caption]:
Virginia City, ca 1864
[Center picture captions, top to bottom:]
Virginia City before the 1875 fire; The Fourth Ward School opened 1877; The International Hotel rebuilt 1877; Storey County Courthouse rebuilt 1877; Virginia City buildings 1864.
[Far right picture(s) caption:]
Virginia City in decline
Submitted: August 15, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.
Database Locator Identification Number: p167875
File Size: 2.874 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.