Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Howard C. Ohlhous
Taken: October 21, 2011
Caption: The Altamont Train Station
Additional Description: An icon of the Village of Altamont, the 1887 Delaware and Hudson Railroad Passenger Station was in use for 77 years until the railroad discontinued passenger service along the line in 1964. For a time the building was the village hall. In late 2011 the
building was being prepared for use as the Altamont Public Library.
Submitted: November 9, 2011, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.
Database Locator Identification Number: p180332
File Size: 1.576 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.