Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Collection of Joe Connor
Caption: Hotel Van Curler Post Card
Additional Description: "Aeroplane View of Hotel Van Curler and the Great Western Gateway Bridge"
The bridge shown in the postcard was originally built in 1923-25 but no longer exists as it was replaced in 1971. The water behind the hotel, the Binniekill, was an arm of the Mohawk River and a Barge Canal Terminal. The Binnekill has been filled in to join Van Slyck Island to the mainland for use as parking and athletic fields.
Submitted: December 24, 2011, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.
Database Locator Identification Number: p185927
File Size: 0.528 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.