Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Denise Boose
Taken: October 2, 2011
Caption: Ojai Jail
Additional Description: This jail was built by then Ojai Constable Andrew Van Curen in 1873. When the town replaced Van Curen, he wouldn't let them keep the wooden jail. So they replaced it with a concrete bunker built in 1920 that sits in Libby Park in Ojai still. This wooden jail is located at Cold Springs Tavern. It is on display towards the back, off the patio of the restaurant building.
Submitted: January 22, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California.
Database Locator Identification Number: p190034
File Size: 2.931 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.