Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Barry Swackhamer
Taken: January 9, 2012
Caption: Camp Mt. Madonna Marker
Additional Description: [Photo caption:]
In 1933, Mt. Madonna CCC Camp Co. 739 moved from the Santa Cruz Mountains near Gilroy to English Camp, where the Army Corps of Engineers had built barracks originally intended for a vocational school.
Submitted: February 18, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.
Database Locator Identification Number: p193472
File Size: 2.758 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.