Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: J. J. Prats
Taken: November 4, 2006
Caption: Markers in front of Point of Rocks Station
Additional Description: This view shows the B&O Railroad station, designed by E. Francis Baldwin and completed in 1876. It was built at the junction where the Metropolitan Branch from Washington (behind station) joins the Old Main Line from Baltimore (between the markers and the station), which continues west (towards the right). The Metropolitan Branch opened in 1873.
This station continues to serve passengers on the MARC Brunswick Line. Amtrak's Capitol Limited (trains 29 to Chicago and 30 to Washington) pass this station but do not stop.
Submitted: December 8, 2006, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.
Database Locator Identification Number: p2114
File Size: 0.869 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.