Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Mike Wintermantel
Taken: October 27, 2012
Caption: Allegheny Portage Railroad Inscription
Additional Description: This inscription is on a concrete light-up kiosk rebuilt on Ohio River Boulevard (PA 65 south) in Emsworth.
The Allegheny Portage Railroad...first gave canal and rail transportation from Pittsburgh to the east March 24, 1834.
Submitted: October 27, 2012, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Database Locator Identification Number: p224383
File Size: 5.071 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.