Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Allen C. Browne
Taken: June 18, 2011
Caption: First Baptist Church Baltimore
Additional Description: On this site purchased in 1773 the first permanent meetinghouse, a dwelling for the pastor and a school house were erected and a cemetery established for the First Baptist Church of Baltimore Town. The present and fourth building of the church is located at 4200 Liberty Heights Avenue. *
This marker dedicated in 1968 by the historical committee of the Baptist convention of Maryland. First Baptist church was one of six churches that organized this convention in 1836.
Submitted: December 17, 2012, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.
Database Locator Identification Number: p228919
File Size: 0.459 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.