Photograph as originally submitted to this page in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Mizpah Methodist Church, as mentioned on marker
Photographer: Mike Stroud
Taken: May 2008
Caption: Mizpah Methodist Church, as mentioned on marker
Additional Description: The only building left from the old town of Buford Bridge, the original building dating from about 1851. The church and cemetery are located just of Hwy 301 less about a mile north of the Salkehatchie River, and many of the early families of Buford Bridge are buried here, including the families of Ayer, Brabham, Kearse, Kirkland, Neeley, Main, Milhous, Rodt, & Weekley.
Submitted: May 7, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.
Database Locator Identification Number: p23236
File Size: 0.140 Megabytes


To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.