Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Howard C. Ohlhous
Taken: September 1, 2013
Caption: The Northville Depot
Additional Description: FJ&G Engine No. 8 at the Northville Depot around the turn of the century. The engineer is seen hanging out of the cab of No 8., which has been turned on the turn table and then coupled onto the RPO (Railway Post Office) car, and is ready to head back south toward Fonda. Number 8 was a 4-4-0 American type locomotive built in 1901 by The Schenectady Locomotive Works. She and her sister Number 9 were scrapped in Ohio in 1950. This photo is on display as part of a large exhibit on the FJ&G Railroad in the Fulton County Museum in Gloversville.
Submitted: September 2, 2013, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.
Database Locator Identification Number: p253117
File Size: 1.233 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.