Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Robert W. Kerrigan
Taken: May 1936
Caption: The Stevenson House (1934)
Additional Description: The Stevenson House as it appeared in the 1930s, when it was The Casablanca, a shop specializing in interior decorations and antiquities. Note behind the car is one of the original Monterey-style historical markers, reading "House where Robert Louis Stevenson lived during the latter part of 1879". Note also the sign that now reads French Hotel then read R. Stevenson House.
Submitted: September 29, 2013.
Database Locator Identification Number: p255498
File Size: 0.317 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.