Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Bill Kirchner
Taken: April 28, 2014
Caption: Bonus Shack
Additional Description: A "bonus shack," which was a tiny shack that settlers had to occupy a specified time in order to obtain title to land, can still be seen in Plains. It was built in 1903 and is maintained by the Tsa Mo Ga Study Club as a museum.
It appears that their may have been a marker, on the shack, at one time. Shack is at Avenue H and 12th Street.
Submitted: May 6, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.
Database Locator Identification Number: p272371
File Size: 3.673 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.