Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Scott J. Payne
Taken: June 19, 2014
Caption: Elmira Prison Camp 1864 - 1865 Original Flagpole Location Marker
Additional Description: The flagpole was located in the back yard of a private residence.The owners of the house donated the flagpole to the City of Elmira and a plaque was placed at the original site, about 20 feet inside of the main gate on West Water Street, in 1992.
Submitted: June 23, 2014, by Scott J. Payne of Deposit, New York.
Database Locator Identification Number: p276901
File Size: 3.611 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.