Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Allen C. Browne
Taken: July 28, 2011
Caption: Civic Minded
Additional Description: In 1949 Duncan held an organizational meeting in his corner executive office on the second floor of 1007 Ripley Street, the corporate headquarters of Little Tavern. The groundwork was laid for the establishment of a Silver Spring branch of the Boy's Clubs of America. Duncan serving as chairman of its board of directors, spearheaded construction of a permanent club facility opening in 1059. Located at 1300 Forest Glen Road in Silver Spring, the Harry F. Duncan Building" continues in 2009 as part of the Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Washington.Close-up of 2003 photo by Judy Reardon on marker
Submitted: July 19, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.
Database Locator Identification Number: p279515
File Size: 0.957 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.