Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Bill Coughlin
Taken: July 31, 2014
Caption: Frenchmanís Island Marker
Additional Description: During the Sullivan-Clinton Campaign in April of 1779, Colonel Goose Van Schaick and 558 men destroyed the chief village of the Onondaga, also known as Onondaga Castle. Afterwards, they made camp at this location on Oneida Lake.
Submitted: July 31, 2014, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.
Database Locator Identification Number: p280889
File Size: 4.561 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.