Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser.
Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Anton Schwarzmueller
Taken: July 27, 2014
Caption: St. George's Church Marker
Additional Description: This stone adjacent to the posted marker is set back between large bushes. The inscription reads as follows:
1796 + 1935
The hand of God unrolls the scroll [of] time. On this we read the story of a nation's birth, of an old church, a new land of men and women living valiantly under the gracious symbol of our salvation.
This stone of remembrance is placed whereby members of St. George's church within the churchyard where their fathers in the faith erected the first church of England in this community about the year 1796.
Dedicated by Wilmot, Lord Bishop of Niagara on Sunday Nov. 3rd, 1935, a century after the laying of the [?] stone of the present St. George's church on July 20th 1835.
Submitted: August 8, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.
Database Locator Identification Number: p281886
File Size: 5.277 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.