Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Kevin Craft
Taken: September 25, 2014
Caption: Caledonia County Grammar School
Additional Description: Chartered & endowed by the
Legislature of Vermont
The first edifice was built and the
Academy commenced A.D.1797.
This site was purchased & this edifice
was erected by the trustees A.D.1843.
The funds were increased by
the bequest of James Orr, A.D.1800.
And by the liberal munificence of
Josiah Shed, M.D.
an active patron of the Academy
and one of the trustees
from A.D.1828 to his decease
Lux Scientie Semper Lucet
Erected by the trustees A.D.1853
Submitted: October 4, 2014, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec.
Database Locator Identification Number: p287940
File Size: 1.748 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.