Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Andrew Ruppenstein
Taken: July 25, 2008
Caption: The Kapa’a Japanese Stone Lantern (Ishidoro) Monument
Additional Description: Constructed of cast concrete and erected in 1915 by messrs. J.S. Teraoka, Masanobu Nitta and Mr. Fujiwara to commemorate the Russo-Japanese war dead and the coronation of the Emperor Taisho. Buried in 1943. Resurrected in 1972, then promptly buried again. Resurrected again in 1987. Restored in 2008. It took a hysterical society to bury it and a historical society to unearth it.
Submitted: August 1, 2008, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.
Database Locator Identification Number: p30164
File Size: 0.322 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.