Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Allen C. Browne
Taken: May 17, 2015
Caption: Towson's Battery
Additional Description: Towson’s Battery (far left in this 1814 sketch) was called “Towson’s Lighthouse” because of its relentless firing during the defense of Fort Erie. By U.S. Army Captain Loring Austin.Close-up of image on marker
Clements Library, University of Michigan
Submitted: May 19, 2015, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.
Database Locator Identification Number: p308437
File Size: 1.530 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.