Photograph as originally submitted to this page in the Historical Marker Database Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
The Old Methodist Meetinghouse
Photographer: Allen C. Browne
Taken: May 25, 2015
Caption: The Old Methodist Meetinghouse
Additional Description: “The meeting-house, a place of worship...was converted into an (sic) temporary place of refuge for friends and foes. The temple of God...vibrated with the groans of the wounded and dying.” — British Captain James Scott, Recollections, 1834
Close-up of Gerry Embleton painting on marker

Submitted: May 27, 2015, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.
Database Locator Identification Number: p309497
File Size: 2.246 Megabytes

To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.