Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Taken: Circa 1930
Caption: At the Goverment Locks in Seattle, Washington
Additional Description: The locks were originally called the Government Locks. Also known as the Ballard Locks, they were renamed after Hiram M. Chittenden, a proponent of the locks, in 1956.
Submitted: July 31, 2015.
Database Locator Identification Number: p319112
File Size: 0.217 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.