Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Bill Coughlin
Taken: August 11, 2008
Caption: Confederate 1st Peninsula Defensive Line
Additional Description: These earthworks, located in the woods across the street from the mill, were part of the First Defensive Line built on the Peninsula. They were abandoned on April 4, 1862 as the Federals advanced up the Peninsula.
Submitted: August 17, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.
Database Locator Identification Number: p32024
File Size: 0.862 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.