Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Bill Coughlin
Taken: August 11, 2008
Caption: Marker at Warwick Court House
Additional Description: Union troops reached this location on April 5, 1862, during their advance up the Peninsula to Richmond. The courthouse was looted by Union soldiers and the grounds were named Camp Winfield Scott.
Submitted: August 17, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.
Database Locator Identification Number: p32130
File Size: 1.218 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.