Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Bill Coughlin
Taken: August 11, 2008
Caption: Warwick Court House Marker
Additional Description: The 1810 courthouse served as the headquarters for Union Brigadier General Erasmus D. Keyes’ IV Corps during the 1862 Peninsula Campaign. Professor Thaddeus Lowe’s gas balloon, Constitution, which provided reconnaissance of Confederate troop movements, was launched from this site.
Submitted: August 17, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.
Database Locator Identification Number: p32132
File Size: 1.215 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.