Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Harper's Weekly
Taken: September 27, 2015
Caption: Baltimore's Original Courthouse
Additional Description: Baltimore's Original Courthouse (1770-1809) stood in the middle of Calvert Street. In 1784, the courthouse was raised on an arch so that Calvert Street could be extended underneath it.Close-up of image on marker
Submitted: October 7, 2015, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.
Database Locator Identification Number: p332575
File Size: 0.337 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.