Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Allen C. Browne
Taken: September 23, 2015
Caption: The Second Courthouse Fire 1861
Additional Description: Frederick County’s second courthouse—the one Key knew—was built here in 1785, but burned in 1861. The
third courthouse, completed in 1862, is the building here today. It became Frederick’s City Hall in 1985. Close-up of image on marker
Submitted: October 14, 2015, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.
Database Locator Identification Number: p333525
File Size: 1.291 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.