Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Duane Hall
Taken: August 4, 2015
Caption: Rocky Springs Interpretive Sign
Additional Description: Called “the Rocky Spring” by early travelers, the town later became Rocky Springs, a rural community covering about 25 square miles. Settlement of the area began in the late 1790's and continued until about 1860, reaching a peak of approximately 2600 people. Several businesses were established at different times, among them carpenters, wheelwrights, a well digger, cabinet makers, a cotton gin maker, and blacksmiths.
Submitted: October 20, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.
Database Locator Identification Number: p334490
File Size: 1.026 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.