Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Duane Hall
Taken: August 4, 2015
Caption: Safe Interpretive Sign
Additional Description: The first post office at Rocky Springs was established in 1821. Postal receipts were listed as $82.52 in 1827, $56.06 in 1828, and $49.23 in 1830. In comparison, nearby Port Gibson, the second largest postal facility in the state after Natchez, averaged about $1,400.00 a year during this same period.
Submitted: October 20, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.
Database Locator Identification Number: p334515
File Size: 0.677 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.