Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Duane Hall
Taken: August 4, 2015
Caption: About the Church Interpretive Sign
Additional Description: This church was built in 1837 by the Methodist congregation of Rocky Springs. Earlier the town had been a station for a circuit-riding preacher who stopped by only once or twice a month. The Church is preserved by the former congregation members who hold regular services here and gather here at an annual “homecoming” each spring.
Submitted: October 20, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.
Database Locator Identification Number: p334521
File Size: 0.965 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.