Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Richard E. Miller
Taken: November 2, 2015
Caption: The Washington Navy Yard "Watch Box"
Additional Description: Manned by Marines, this small building was part of the sentry post that helped secure the 8th Street entrance to the Washington Navy Yard until around 1905 when it was removed to the Navy's Proving Grounds at Indian Head, Maryland for another century.
Submitted: November 10, 2015, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland.
Database Locator Identification Number: p337574
File Size: 0.431 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.