Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Howard C. Ohlhous
Caption: Northville Depot Photo Circ 1900
Additional Description: This photo shows the Two-Span Iron Bridge built in 1882 at the cost of $11,000, with the Northville Depot just beyond. This bridge was replaced in 1929-30 with a higher Three-Span bridge to accommodate the rising water of the new Sacandaga Reservoir, now called "The Great Sacandaga Lake". The current bridge of 1989 replaced the blue colored three span bridge. A train waits north of the station, a plume of steam is seen above the smokestack in the long exposure photo. This photo is also on display in the Northville Northampton Historical Museum.
Submitted: September 13, 2008, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.
Database Locator Identification Number: p35399
File Size: 0.210 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.