Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Postcard by Veenenk & Snel, den Haag
Caption: Kloostergang der kerk van St. Marie - The church cloister
Additional Description: The cloister of St. Mary's Church was spared because at the time of the demolition of the church it resided on the territory of the Old Catholic Church. Of the three arms is the western arm is the oldest, originating in the eleventh century. The other arms arose around 1140. During later repairs of the cloister, the original tuff walls were replaced by brick. The columns and capitals are sandstone. The westarm was rebuilt in 1633. Restorations took place during the early twentieth century. - Wikipedia
Submitted: December 22, 2016, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.
Database Locator Identification Number: p372610
File Size: 0.089 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.