Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Syd Whittle
Taken: September 21, 2006
Caption: Second Marker on Side of Building
Additional Description: This building is an authentic reproduction of the original Columbia Masonic Temple, built in 1854, and the meeting place of Columbia Lodge No.28 from January 1855 to December 1891. Funds for construction of this temple were furnished by the Grand Lodge of Free & Accepted Masons of California. The Temple, used by Masonic Lodges from all parts of California as a meeting place on special occasions, is under control of the Grand Lodge.
Submitted: October 3, 2008, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.
Database Locator Identification Number: p37596
File Size: 1.332 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.