Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser.
Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Kevin W.
Taken: May 14, 2017
Caption: Industrial Interlude Marker
Additional Description: This 1806 map shows Hunter's Dam (1), which fed the power canal to Hunter's Iron Works (2). A second dam (3) fed a raceway that powered mills in Falmouth (4). The diversion dam (5) in this vicinity powered a mill (6) on the island. Another diversion dam (7) fed a raceway that extended into what is now Old Mill Park (8). The dam above the large island and Fredericksburg's second canal were not yet built.
Submitted: May 19, 2017, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.
Database Locator Identification Number: p382920
File Size: 6.130 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.