Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser.
Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Mike Stroud
Taken: April 27, 2008
Caption: Fort Screven Battery Garland 1899
Additional Description: (Coordinates: 32.021476, -80.844194)
In 1961 Battery Garland, the former gun battery and
magazine for a twelve-inch long-range gun, became the Tybee Museum. Rooms which once stored six-hundred pound projectiles and two-hundred pound bags of gunpowder now hold the collections and exhibits of over four-hundred years of Tybee Island.
Submitted: October 28, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.
Database Locator Identification Number: p41493
File Size: 0.118 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.