Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Library of Congress
Caption: Winter Quarters
Additional Description: Abandoned confederate winter quarters photographed in March 1862, with the site of the present day Centreville Historic District to the right rear and today's U.S. Route 29 and Old Braddock Road intersection near the fort on the left. Centreville originated as an early 18th-century trading post.
Submitted: February 14, 2018, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.
Database Locator Identification Number: p416602
File Size: 3.555 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.