Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser.
Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Cosmos Mariner
Taken: June 20, 2017
Caption: Ohio University Charter Plaque (a few steps to the right of this marker)
On this site
originally known as
The Bunches of Grapes Tavern
members of the Ohio Company
met in the year 1786
to write the charter for
which opened 1804 in Athens, Ohio
to become the oldest university
west of the Allegheny Mountains
Submitted: March 21, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.
Database Locator Identification Number: p419844
File Size: 4.768 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.