Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Mike Stroud
Taken: November 2, 2008
Caption: Oil House Door
Additional Description: Oil House
Constructed in 1890 to house fuel
for the 1872 lighthouse lantern.
To the left is the site of the first
St. Simons lighthouse built by
James Gould in 1810 of tabby.
Submitted: November 11, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.
Database Locator Identification Number: p43213
File Size: 1.160 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.