Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser.
Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Brian Scott
Taken: November 8, 2008
Caption: Union County Confederate Monument (South)
(Right of Court House)
Additional Description: From the National Register nomination form: "1911-1913 Neoclassical two-story brick and concrete courthouse; notable features include a projecting semicircular bay and colossal Ionic portico with paired columns, Scamozzi Ionic capitals in terra cotta, and a balustraded parapet with a central cartouche-relief; flanking pavilions; full entablature with modillion blocks on the projecting bay and portico; a simple entablature with dentils on the pavilions and wrapping the left, right, and rear elevations; and the inscription 'COVNTY COVRT HOVSE' in the portico frieze."
Submitted: November 12, 2008, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.
Database Locator Identification Number: p43410
File Size: 2.585 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.