Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Bill Pfingsten
Taken: November 7, 2008
Caption: Edward's Playhouse Descriptive Marker
Additional Description: This ruin is the surviving part of a farmhouse that stood on the Levi Weldin property at the time that Joseph Shipley purchased the land. In the 1890s the Bringhurst family altered the structure, turning it into a playhouse for their youngest child, Edward.
Left: Edward Bringhurst III reads a book next to the playhouse, about 1895.
Middle: Interior of the playhouse, about 1895.
Right: Edward Bringhurst III, about 1895.
Submitted: November 16, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.
Database Locator Identification Number: p43761
File Size: 0.815 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.