Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Allen C. Browne
Taken: September 16, 2018
Caption: Lake Roland
Additional Description: Above the door at the historic pump house. The land that would become Robert E. Lee park, now Lake Roland Park, was the Bellona Gunpowder Manufactory until 1856 when it was sold to the City of Baltimore as a waterworks. It was named Robert E. Lee Park in 1945 at the behest of Elizabeth B. Garrett White. It was renamed Lake Roland Park in September of 2015.
Submitted: September 17, 2018, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.
Database Locator Identification Number: p445524
File Size: 2.526 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.