Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Caption: Marker detail: Charging station
Additional Description: Edison built a charging station for electric vehicles at his Glenmont estate in 1904. The charging station was most likely moved from the barn to the garage at Glenmont soon after its construction in 1908. The charging station remains in the garage today.
Submitted: July 1, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.
Database Locator Identification Number: p481981
File Size: 2.205 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.