Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Bill Coughlin
Taken: April 23, 2007
Caption: Confederate Fort Gregg
Additional Description: These are the remains of Confederate Fort Gregg, which was attacked along with Fort Whitworth on April 2, 1865 by Union forces. They are located about 400 yards to the south of the marker. The site of Fort Whitworth has since been developed.
Submitted: December 30, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.
Database Locator Identification Number: p48289
File Size: 2.948 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.