Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Craig Swain
Taken: July 15, 2007
Caption: Entrance to the Quarters
Additional Description: Originally a slave quarters for the Tuleyries, portions of the building date to the 1820s or 1830s. Dr. Orland E. White, who directed the farm from 1927 to 1955, added more dormitory, office, library, and administrative spaces starting in the 1940s.
Submitted: July 22, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.
Database Locator Identification Number: p5056
File Size: 1.121 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.