Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Bill Coughlin
Taken: April 26, 2007
Caption: Original Appomattox Court House
Additional Description: This is the restored Court House that was near the McLean House, where Gen. Robert E. Lee surrendered the Army of Northern Virginia to Lt. Gen. Ulysses S. Grant on April 9, 1865.
Submitted: January 21, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.
Database Locator Identification Number: p50790
File Size: 3.048 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.