Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Devry Becker Jones
Taken: March 1, 2020
Caption: Closeup of sign on the monument
Additional Description: This monument, the first created to the memory of George Washington, with 10 acres of land was deeded to Maryland by the Washington County Historical Society and Citizens of Boonsboro, 1934. Rebuilt, 1936 to original design by Civilian Conservation Corps directed by the National Park Service and the State Department of Forestry
Submitted: March 1, 2020, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.
Database Locator Identification Number: p511517
File Size: 5.670 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.