Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: South Carolina Dept, of Parks, Recreation & Tourism
Caption: A Tradition of Remembering, A Legacy of Preservation ( Left picture )
Additional Description: The Confederate memorial program ( courtesy
of Mrs. Jo Bessie P. Bickley )- prayer, music,
and speeches, followed by an outdoor feast - has
changed little since the first service in 1876. At the
1945 service the Memorial Association donated the
Memorial Grounds and battlefield to the state.
Submitted: January 27, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.
Database Locator Identification Number: p51397
File Size: 0.072 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.