Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser.
Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Mike Stroud
Taken: December 28, 2008
Caption: Remains of the Lawtonville Baptist Church at Lawtonville (Estill,) SC..2nd site
"Lawtonville Baptist Church.
First Organized at Pipe Creek
Beaufort district, by dissenters who emigrated
from Somersetshire England. 1775.
Who moved here in 1852. four acres land having
been given by Amos Johnson for religious
and educational purposes.
Pastors of the ante- bellum period
Rev. Isaac Nickois.
Rev. Joseph Furse.
Moved to Estill 1911.
Deacons since 1865.
Submitted: February 11, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.
Database Locator Identification Number: p52708
File Size: 0.266 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.